Job Opening: Temporary Program Assistant
Dates: June 8-29
Hours: Mon-Thurs, 10 am-3pm, Friday, 10 am- 6pm. [28 hrs/week]
Total = $1260
No health insurance, paid leave or other benefits provided.
The Washington Peace Center is seeking some temporary staff help while our Program Manager, Darakshan Raja, is on vacation. The Washington Peace Center is a grassroots, multi-issue organization that has been working for peace, justice, and nonviolent social change since 1963. Our mission is to provide education, resources, and action for those working for positive social change and a world free from oppression. We strengthen the impact of peace and justice movements by fostering greater collaboration among activist groups; bridging the gap between global, national, and local issues and communities; and providing material support (such as event equipment and logistical expertise) to achieve these goals.
- Help coordinate community usage of our event equipment: respond to requests, schedule with people, orient them to the equipment, ensure equipment is in working order.
- Help supervise our interns in their weekly tasks, such as putting together our weekly Activist Alert email, doing follow up and social media work, attending events, researching to update our online Resource Guides.
- Follow up and prep for our monthly Trainers Network sessions: posting notes and photos, doing outreach and prepping materials
- Other duties as requested and time allows.
- Motivated self-starter with strong time management skills who is committed to peace and social justice;
- Comfortable with computer programs - Can easily learn basic editing and usage of Salsa, our email management system, use google calendar, keep gmail organized.
- Organized – can keep track of competing priorities and multiple projects.
- Comfortable with basic electronics – can easily learn how to set up our sound systems.
- Understanding of WPC community– comfortable going to events and basic understanding of the issues our allies are working on.
- Ability to work collaboratively in small office environment – only 2 other staffers.
Please email your resume to Sonia@washingtonpeacecenter.org ASAP.
The Washington Peace Center is always looking for people committed to making the world a better place who might also be potential Board members! We are looking for committed, passionate people who care about the peace and justice community and the Washington Peace Center to help guide and support this long-standing, grassroots organization. This is an opportunity to be a part of an exciting local organization and help shape its vision and goals. Click here for info.
Check back for other opportunities, which will be posted as available.