Every year, the Washington Peace Center throws the activist party of the season!
The Activist Awards Grassroots Gala is a wonderful event where we celebrate DC activists' hard work and successes in creating a more just and peaceful world. We honor local activists and throw a party for the entire community. This year we will celebrate our 10th year hosting the Activist Awards! Wow!
This year the Activist Awards will be held on Thursday, December 11, 2014 at St. Stephen's Church. Click here to buy tickets and see more information!
Buy an ad in our commerative program! Support the awardees and WPC! Click here for details.
And the winners are...!
- Aja Taylor, Bread for the City and the DC Ban the Box Coalition
- Bruno Avila, Employment Justice Center and Latino Economic Development Center
- Calvert Citizens for a Healthy Community
- Noura Erakat, Jadaliyya and the DC Palestinian Film and Arts Festival
- Salim Adofo, National Black United Front
- Salvador Sarmiento, National Day Laborers Organizer Network and Cosita Seria
- Youth Award: Lydia Brown, Washington Metro Disabled Students Collective and the Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Shujaa Graham, Witness to Innocence
Did you know? WPC sustainers get FREE tickets to the Activist Awards! Click here to become a sustainer at just $10/month and get a free ticket, plus know that you'll be supporting peace and justice every day of the year.
Need more reasons to join us? Click here to watch this 2012 video for the top five reasons.
Have you been to all nine previous Activist Awards?
- Click here to see all the impressive Awardees from the past nine years.
- Click here to see the photos from Activist Awards 2013.
- Click here to see the photos from Activist Awards 2012.
- Click here to see the photos from Activist Awards 2011.
- Click here to see photos from Activist Awards 2010.
- Check out a slideshow of pictures from past years here, including photos from the first Activist Awards in 2004!